Saturday, June 2, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend


I had an awesome LONG weekend with that little guy. Oh and his daddy!

Friday my mom took me down to Burlington to go shopping for some new clothes for my birthday. We went to Kohl's and I got 2 tops. Then we went to Five Guys for lunch. So yummy, and way too much food. Hayes sat up in the booster chair at lunch and in the cart at Kohl's. He is getting to be such a big boy! There was another baby who was 6 months at Five Guys, and he just quietly sat in his carseat sucking on his binky. Haha not Hayes, he had to be sitting up and was trying to grab everything around him. I have a feeling he is going to give us a run for our money as soon as he is actually mobile!
Hayes and Great Grandma

Anyway after lunch it was gorgeous outside, so we skipped going to Old Navy, and just made a quick stop for some beer at Fred Meyer's and headed home.
That night Chris and I got to go for a drive ALONE! It was so nice, we just drove around and talked for about 3 hours. When he asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him I just wanted to go for a drive and maybe get dinner.

Saturday morning was a monumental day for me! Not only did I turn 30!, but I also got my first big girl hair cut. That's right I had never had an actually hair cut. I had my hair short ( shoulder length) once in my life, when I was in middle school. Other than that, I have kept it anywhere between the middle of my back and my butt! My friend Leigh from high school did it for me. She was so excited that I actually let her cut my hair. haha. Oh well it was time. It used to take me a couple of hours to wash and dry my hair, now I can do it within an hour. That's a big deal.

After my haircut, I met up with Chris and we went to the Ski to Sea parade where my mom and Hayes were. We planned to just pick up Hayes and leave, but we ended up staying for the whole thing. Hayes slept through almost entire parade. Even when the fire trucks honked their horns. Silly baby, if someone coughs at home he wakes up, but he can sleep through air horns, go figure!
My brother walking in the parade with Whatcom CC holding the mascot, an Orca

When we left the parade we drove around Lake Samish and then went up to Chris's parents house to visit with his mom. Then we came home and had a BBQ for my birthday and Memorial Day.



Sunday we went down to Whidbey Island and looked at some property. We had a late lunch at Mi Pueblo. A yummy Mexican restaurant in Oak Harbor, looking over the bay. After that we just cam home a relaxed the rest of the night.

Monday was just a lazy day spent at home. I think Hayes loved being able to stay home all day with just Mama and Daddy. That never happens. Chris and I even took a nap while Hayes did. It was just what we needed to end the long weekend.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh wow, your hair was so long and beautiful! What did your hubs think of the new cut?

Mallorie said...

Happy late birthday, friend! :-) LOVE the hair cut! SO cute!