Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cle Elum

Last weekend, we headed over the pass and went "camping" at my aunt and uncle's property in Cle Elum. I am not a huge fan of tent camping, especially with a very active 8 month old! So Friday after work, we hooked up our 35' 5th wheel, and waited. haha. My cousin, his girl friend and kids were planning on following us over, so Tyson wanted us to wait until they were ready. He is always late! Chris had the day off work and I was off by 10am so we were hoping to you know hit the road by noon or so. Haha no such luck!
Our little window licker!

So we waited and then about 3:30 Tyson called and said we are going to be a little while, why don't you guys just head out and we will catch up. Gee thanks! So we left within 10 minutes, and we were on our way. Then we hit traffic starting in Everett. Let's just say Friday night traffic with a 35' 5th wheel, not ideal. Oh and throw 2 kids into the mix, we were slightly on edge.

We pulled into the property about 7 pm it is only 150 miles. Anyway so by the time we got the trailer set up and everything unpacked, it was pushing 9. So we headed into town to get something to eat. We drove around forever trying to find something everyone could agree on, and then we ended up at Taco Bell. While everyone else was eating, I ran next door, and did a little shopping at Safeway for the camping breakfast essentials(eggs, bacon, orange juice)

The next morning I got up and made breakfast for everyone. There wasn't a BBQ over there and I didn't want to be stuck inside the trailer, so I ended up cooking the bacon outside on the George Foreman, it kinda took a long time, but it ended up pretty good, and a lot less fatty!
Sorry it's so blurry, Chris took it haha

After breakfast Tyson and Chris went to float the Yakima river, and Sam and I took the kids to Lake Cle Elum. That was my first time being at a lake with a sandy beach, it was pretty cool. The wind was blowing pretty good though so we didn't stay too long.

That night we went out to dinner at a steak house, that was way over priced and way to slow from 3 kids under 6. I think we were there for about 2 1/2 hours! Oh well live and learn I guess. The next morning, Sam made everyone breakfast, and then Chris and I packed up our stuff so we could be ready to go later.

We decided to head back to the lake since it wasn't too windy. It was a blast! We all swam and played on floaties. I was sitting in a tube in the water, but not deep enough to be floating and Hayes kept walking around in circles and spinning me, it was so cute. Oh and the coolest part of the lake, you could drive down to it, and park on the sand. I felt like we were in Daytona Beach or somewhere exciting! haha.

So we headed back to the trailers and surprise, surprise Sam and Tyson hadn't even started packing up. They were staying in his parents trailer, which just stays on the property, so they had to pack and then clean and then dump the tanks, etc. Finally about 6 we were on the road, only to drive 15 minutes, and stop for dinner.

We stopped at Mountain High Burgers and they were so yummy! When we pulled in the parking lot though, Tyson noticed that one of the tires on our trailer was bulging. So Chris got out the air compressor, and filled it up, to see what it would do while we were eating. That place also had the most amazing, hard ice cream shakes. Usually I am not a huge ice cream fan, but this was delicious! Anyway we went back outside and the tire had gone low again, so Chris ended up changing the tire in the parking lot. Then we tried to find a place to dump our tanks before going back over the pass. Yeah that was a waste of about an hour and a half. We were only able to dump our gray water and we were back on the road, at 9pm! Grr. Chris and I both have to be to work at 7am. We made it to the rest stop in Arlington, and could finally dump our tank. By this time, Hayes was not having it! So I got in the back with him and tried to make him happy. I think we both fell asleep about 10 minutes from home. We were unloaded in bed by 1am!  haha so much for the supposedly 2 1/2 hour. Oh well we had a great time, maybe we will make it a yearly trip!

We are going "camping" again this weekend, but it is out at our river property which is only about a 1/2 hour from our house.

Ariana wrote this in the sand hehe it is all of our initials


Amanda Haney said...

I love your blog background!

Looks like yall had a great time. Your son is too cute!

Nicole said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Yeah I know people like that who slow you down... lol, but at least you stopped to eat dinner and noticed the tire. Nothing is worse than being on the road trying to change a tire!

~Kristin~ said...

How fun!
Good for you!
I would love to go hubby..not so much!
Have a beautiful week.
Love, Kristin

Paige said...

How fun! We wish we could go camping so were like that! :) Have a great weekend!

Angi said...

Ah that lake looks like so much fun! I've never been to that one!

I'm not usually a fan of camping...but you guys make it look like a great time!!